D0 PC Support
The puprose of this page is to explain the W2K security measures
which are in place at D0. These rules are in addition to the labratory rules
which can be found at http://www.fnal.gov/cd/security.
- All PC based windows workstations (regardless of operating
system) are to have antivirus software installed.
- User created shares are not allowed on workstations.
- Local user accounts are not allowed on workstations. All users
are to use their W2K domain accounts. The exception to this is laptops which
need local accounts as they are not domain members.
- Laptops are not allowed as domain members. They should go in
the DZERO workgroup.
- No workstations are to have any services such as (but not
limited to) www, ftp, pop, imap, icq and napster running.
- No Samba servers are allowed in the domain.
Also please look at the
D0 W2K Security Review for more information.
Please send any comments or concerns to the
D0 NT Administrators